“Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14 NIV
The dawning of a new year signals the beginning of a new chapter and a fresh start. For many individuals this means setting goals for one’s physical or financial health. For the believer, the passing from one year to the next offers an opportunity to inspect one’s spiritual health. This allows for a renewed focus in the pursuit of a closer relationship with Christ and those around us.
It is important to remember that the Lord’s mercies are “new every morning” (Lamentations 3:22). Whether the past year brought many victories or many defeats no longer matters because entering into a New Year means walking into a new season of God’s goodness and mercy. It is with this in mind that the Christian must move forward, without fear, into the coming days.
As we walk into the New Year, let us pray these ways:
- Pray for a renewed desire to know His Word so that we may follow after Him (Psalm 119:33–36).
- Pray that we would crave the Presence of the Lord as our source of strength and hope (Psalm 27:4, 5).
- Pray for peace of mind and trust in the Lord in spite of the trouble in the world around us (John 16:33).
- Pray for an eagerness to reach the lost, in both our personal lives and within the church (Matthew 9:37, 38).
- Pray that we would look with anticipation towards the future (Isaiah 43:18, 19).
DOWNLOAD – Download the December Bulletin Insert/Prayer Guide by clicking here.
Contributor: Lindsey Schreiber, Gallatin, Tennessee