The Christmas and New Year holidays present us with limitless opportunities to pray. In addition to the hustle and bustle of the season that can often distract us from what matters most, many people experience an array of emotions as the holidays bring feelings of loneliness, loss, anxiety, and depression.
This month, we invite you to think about those around you who may be suffering this holiday season. Consider those who might need extra prayer covering and support. Pray with us in remembering those who are far from loved ones this holiday season. Below are prayer directives to help you engage in prayers of hope, help, and healing for those in desperate need this season.
- Pray for God’s protection upon all who are traveling throughout the Christmas holidays.
- Pray for a sense of God’s presence and mutual love as families and friends gather.
- Pray for healing and harmony for strained family relationships.
- Pray that those unable to be with family will enjoy the fellowship of friends. Remember missionaries, pastors, students, and those serving in their nation’s military to name a few.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit’s comfort upon family and friends who have lost loved ones this year.
- Pray for families and friends who have loved ones in the military and pray for divine protection and comfort upon military personnel separated from family.
- Pray for missionary parents and children who are apart during the holidays.
- Pray for those struggling financially who cannot afford gifts and special holiday meals.
- Pray that people who do not yet know Christ as Savior will accept His gift of salvation.
Download this prayer guide as a bulletin insert by clicking here. Let us know you are praying with us by using #COGOPprays on social media to share your requests, inspirations, and praise reports.