“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people” (Ephesians 6:18, NIV)
According to Genesis 12:1-3, as God’s children He has blessed us with the opportunity to take the message of His salvation and reconciliation to the peoples of the world. We, along with millions of believers around the globe and throughout the centuries, are a part of His great plan and purpose. Within the Church of God of Prophecy alone, more than a million men, women, boys, and girls are representing Christ in their villages and communities. We praise God for active works in more than 135 nations of the world.
To enable us to reach the world and fulfill the mission Christ gave us, we must find our foundation in prayer. Prayer is a critical component to our effectiveness and fruitfulness. And as we read in Ephesians 6:18, we are admonished to pray for “all the Lord’s people.”
When we consider our prayers for the world, how often do we find ourselves praying for the harvest—the lost and unreached people of the world? While these prayers are important, we must remember that Jesus also taught us to pray for laborers (Matthew 9:37-38) and fellow believers (Ephesians 5:18, John 17).
Using John 17 as our guide, this month let’s unite our prayers to lift up the family of God. Join with us in praying…
- As a disciple of Christ, pray that God would be glorified through you so that those around you would come to know and worship the Living God (v.1).
- Pray for the global family of believers, those who have been “given Him.” As Jesus prayed, pray that our fellow believers would be protected. Remember the persecuted, those being marginalized, tortured, and dying for their faith (vv. 2-12).
- Pray that you and your fellow believers would be sanctified, or set apart, by the Word of God (v.13-19).
- Pray for unity among those who serve Christ. Pray that this unity would be complete so that those who “will believe in me” will understand that Jesus is God’s son and that he loves them (vv.20-23; see also John 13:34-35).
Also join with us praying…
- Call out the nations of the world and/or lost people groups. Ask God to give that nation as a part of your inheritance as His child (Psalm 2:8).
- Give thanks to God for hearing and responding to your prayers as you surrender completely to Him (1 John 5:14-15).
Download This Prayer Guide
Download this prayer guide as a bulletin insert here. Let us know you are praying with us by using #COGOPprays on social media to share your requests, inspirations, and praise reports.