Romans 14:11, “For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”
It has been expressed over and over that prayer must be a core component for our global Church. As we think about every knee bowing and every tongue confessing Christ, we realize that Holy Spirit is our prayer partner (Romans 8:26), and He desires for prayer to be in every tribe and tongue as an expression of His Body among the nations (Luke 18:1,7). I believe that it is important for us to search the Word and understand that prayer must be a persistent, hope filled expression of our faith as it is one of His goals for us to reach the finish line successfully.
Prayer is talked about a lot. There are many guides and books which have been written about it. You can even attend seminars and workshops on prayer. The challenge for us is making time to pray regularly. After all, it is our direct line of communication to the Father through our Intercessor, Jesus Christ. Prayer brings us into His presence. Prayer changes people. Prayer changes the world.
Jeremiah 33:2,3 reminds us to call upon Him, “This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’“
Join us in praying for our global Church in the following ways:
- Pray for an awakening in our movement and societies (Ephesians 5:14; Romans 13:11; Zechariah 2:10, 11).
- Pray for your local church leadership, as well as our global leadership network (2Timothy 2:1–4; Ephesians 6:10; 2 Timothy 1:13; 2 Corinthians 11:23–28), i.e. pastors, ministry leaders, national/regional/state overseers, general presbyters, and general overseer.
- Pray for protection of those serving in hostile and closed cultures (Psalm 145:18, 19; Psalm 34:15, 17; Psalm 91:14–16).
- Pray for abundant provision for our ministers and missionaries (Matthew 6:6–8; 7:7–11; 1John 5:14, 15).
- Pray for transformation of the lost (Romans 12:2; Philippians 4:6,7).
- Pray for an outpouring ofthe Holy Spirit on our members and local churches (Isaiah 60:1, 2; Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17).
- Pray for Hiskingdom to come, His will to be done (Luke 11:2–4; Matthew 6:1–15).
- Pray for endurance for those serving in ministry (Ephesians 6:10–18; 4:14; Galatians1:16; 2 Thessalonians 3:3; Hebrews 4:12).
Contributor: Annette Taylor, Cleveland, TN
Download This Prayer Guide
Download this prayer guide as a bulletin insert here. Let us know you are praying with us by using #COGOPprays on social media to share your requests, inspirations, and praise reports.